You have a big Italian dinner planned and you have slaved over the stove for hours just to prepare the sauce from scratch, or have used your favorite store-bought sauce. At least you won’t have to fuss over this Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread. It is effortless and delicious; it is crispy on the outside with bubbly golden cheese, and moist inside. Rest assured this garlic bread will complement any masterpiece you create from your lasagna and spaghetti and meatballs, to eggplant Parmesan and even your hearty minestrone soup. The airy, crusty breads work best for this cheesy garlic bread. I usually use crusty baguette or Italian loaf bread.
- Four 4- inch baguette pieces cut in half lengthwise, or eight 1-inch thick slices of crusty Italian bread.
- 8 tsp softened butter or butter-flavored margarine
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 8 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp crushed dried oregano or basil leaves
- 8 TBSP shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 F, center rack.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and arrange the bread pieces in a single layer on it.
- Using an offset spatula spread 1 tsp butter or margarine on each slice. I used margarine.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp garlic granules evenly on the bread slices. You may add more or less garlic to your taste.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp grated Parmesan cheese on each slice.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp crushed dried oregano or basil leaves on each slice. I used oregano.
- Sprinkle 1 TBSP shredded mozzarella cheese on each slice. Bake in the preheated 450 F oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
This looks yummy !
I plan to make it this this weekend
Persian Mama says
Thank you dear Gissou! Let me know how you like it.
Zia Partovi says
Great recipes. Thanks for sharing
Persian Mama says
Thank you very much Zia.