Here is my Parmesan Popcorn recipe; it is a healthier popcorn recipe. It seems like every recipe you see during the holiday season is loaded with sugar, chocolate and everything sweet, so I decided to post this simple non-sweet popcorn recipe. This is the perfect snack to remedy some of that sugar overload. I do not add any salt either, because I think the Parmesan cheese takes care of that, but if you like go ahead and sprinkle some salt after it is popped.
There are not many kinds of popcorn that I don’t like! And I’m so grateful that there are so many different kinds to choose from and enjoy. This recipe is my favorite and I have been making it for many years. What I like about this simple recipe is that, it is so easy to make and it has only 3 ingredients that I usually have in my house. Perfect mountain of fluffy hot popcorn with lots of delicious Parmesan cheese anytime you have the craving for it without feeling too guilty!
It is delicious and as healthy as popcorn can get, well maybe less healthy than air popped but I don’t really like the air popped. So anyway, I love Parmesan cheese a lot, so I add even more cheese, the more the better!
I use the same recipe without the Parmesan cheese for the different mixed snack popcorn recipes that I will be posting in the near future.
- ¼ cup plus 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup popping corn
- ⅓ - ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pot on medium high for 1 minute.
- Add 2-3 corn kernels. As soon as they start sizzling, add ⅔ cup corn and cover the pot with the lid and continue cooking over medium high.
- minutes after you hear the first popping sounds, almost all of the corn will be popped. Also listen closely and when the popping decreases to only a few pops turn off the heat to prevent the popcorn from burning.
- Add the popcorn to a large bowl or divide between several small bowls and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the hot popped corn.